At the 2012 London Paralympics, 50% of Channel 4’s on-screen team were disabled. That included three anchor presenters and many reporters. For Rio 2016 Channel 4 are planning another revolution – this time behind the camera.
Channel 4 is committed to promoting equal opportunities. In order to promote diversity in the media industry, and to address the under-representation of disabled people in particular, they are offering Rio Production Training Scheme places to disabled applicants. The aim is to train up disabled production staff to the level required to work on the Rio Paralympic Games in 2016, and beyond that, to build a career in sport production.
Channel 4 are recruiting a talented entry level candidate with disabilities to work as a Researcher working on The Last Leg – (Adam Hills and co-hosts Josh Widdicombe and Alex Brooker provide some offbeat commentary on the significant moments of the past seven days) – for six months, based in London. Alongside the paid 6 month contract you will also receive monthly production training at Channel 4’s Head Office to fully equipt you for a career in the television industry.
- Originate and/or develop programme ideas
- Research appropriate data, contributors, locations or archive material (including music, still images or archive footage)
- Collate and assess this information and present it in a clear and concise way for decision makers, both in writing and verbally
- Develop and maintain good relationships with potential contributors to assess their suitability for a programme idea, checking their availability within time and budgetary constraints and supporting them through the production process
- Computer savvy – able to use various search tools, source good current stories, fact check them, etc
- Passion for Comedy and Entertainment content
- Knowledge and understanding of C4’s Comedy/Entertainment output
- Have a good rapport with people and able to talk to them no matter what area of life they come from
- Persuasive and a tenacity to get the job done
- Love of hard work
- Keen eye for detail
- Be able to work as team and an individual
- Have an interest and good knowledge of news stories
- Be able to keep calm in difficult situations
- Have a good sense of humour!
For further information / to apply go to: https://jobs.channel4.com