The 2015 Annual Young Musician Award applications process is now open.
If you are aged between five and seventeen you can apply for the chance to receive awards of between £200 and £2,000, in total up to £100,000 per year. in 2014 Awards were given to 125 young musicians, some of whom have been helped over several years, assisting with all the major costs of a young musician’s training, such as extra tuition, buying an instrument, travel and specialist courses.
The AYM supports instrumentalists making music in any genre. Their key criteria:
- Financial need (all applications are means-tested)
- Exceptional musical talent and potential
Awards can help with costs including:
- Buying or hiring a musical instrument
- Music lessons
- Weekend music schools
- Music courses
- Orchestra fees
Applicants will need to:
- Show evidence of financial need
- Have ideally achieved a distinction in your last music exam – or, if you haven’t taken exams, show evidence of this level of ability
- Be recommended by your music teacher and an organisation, orchestra or group where you play or practise.
Do read the 2015 guidance notes which can be downloaded from the website along with a guide to the Awards process. This year the Application Form is in a different ‘format’ and can be downloaded from the AYM website also.
- In order to complete the form you will need the Adobe PDF Reader which is a free computer program that can be downloaded from Adobe.
- You will also need to send: Three references from your: Music Teacher / Head Teacher / Recommending organisation.
For further information / To apply go to: http://www.a-y-m.org/how-we-help/awards/