Ritzy Picturehouse is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Event Supervisor.
The Ritzy has been at the heart of the city’s film scene for decades – and Upstairs at the Ritzy is the scene of many an evening to remember!
Ritzy Picturehouse is part of Picturehouse Cinemas (www.picturehouses.co.uk) who operate 24 cinemas across the UK and are a stand-alone division of Cineworld PLC.
We are now looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Event Supervisor to work closely with the Event Manager, F&B Manager and Duty Managers assisting in a wide variety of coordination, administrative and hands-on duties.
The successful candidates will have at least 2 years’ experience in the retail, leisure or entertainment sectors working in the Events Team. Working knowledge of venue and event management is key, as is working with clients and large teams in a customer service environment. Local knowledge is highly desirable.
The venue is known for hosting a diverse range of events including a lot of live music, quiz nights and comedy, as well as private party hires corporate events and film premiere receptions. The role has a focus on the supervision of private functions, parties, and hires, but also will also help the smooth running of activity in all of these departments, so the applicant must be open and keen to learn in all of these fields.
As events supervisor, you will also be expected to help with day to day operations of the cinema and help contribute to the supervisor team when necessary.
There is a requirement to work 40 hours over any of the seven days with work at evenings and weekends. We offer a pay rate of £9.60 in a trendy, relaxed, yet fast paced working environment.
The Event Supervisor is based at Ritzy Picturehouse, Brixton Oval, Coldharbour Ln, London, SW2 1JG
Our Perks include
Paid Breaks | Two guest tickets a week | Picturehouse food and drinks discount | Staff Screenings | All the benefits of being a Picturehouse Member | Double pay on bank holidays | Unlimited free tickets at Cineworld | Cineworld food and drink Discounts | Enhanced eye care | Kiosk Snacks | Late night Allowance | Free hot drinks and draught soft drinks | Cineworld food and drink discounts | Maternity and adoption leave | Cycle to work scheme | Unlimited free tickets at Picturehouse | Childcare Vouchers | Staff food | Supporting Partner’s Leave | Sick Pay | Pension Contributions
Event Supervisor Job
Purpose To work closely with the Event Manager, F&B Manager and Duty Managers assisting in a wide variety of coordination, administrative and hands-on duties relating to events held at Ritzy.
- Replying to, sorting and forwarding emails for private hire enquiries, band press-packs and booking enquiries
- Handling private hires for bar and cinema, start to finish; from the initial response, meetings, completion of function sheets, organiSation of catering, invoices, payment and hands-on coordination/management
- Liaising with bands/event promoters to exchange information for marketing and logistics
- Aiding with communication to other departments within the building- ie. Sending info/questions to F&B team, management team, marketing team, HR and head office.
- Instructing/managing bar staff if something is needed, or needing to be done by them for an event, or for Upstairs.
- Updating online calendar with all event information and hire enquiries/confirmations for managers/team
- Basic tech set-ups for DJ & film events (basic training will be given)
- Where/when possible, helping acquire more daytime hire business, so we have the flexibility to use the venue in the evening for more creative events
- Answering the phone, checking voicemail and taking messages
- Hire equipment; organisation and up-keep
- Undertaking any other duties which may be reasonably requested of you by the management team for the effective functioning of the cinema.
The More Fun stuff…
- Suggesting bands to book
- Managing special/charity events/parties
- Bringing in event ideas of your own
- Helping with events involving staff to boost team morale and keep them involved creatively with the site.
This job description reflects the present requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and is therefore subject to amendment.
To apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com with “Event Supervisor, Ritzy” in the subject line by July 11th 2018