Launching this year, the ASOS Fashion Discovery competition will find and nurture two emerging brands, giving them a major opportunity to grow their business. ASOS has a long history of supporting entrepreneurial design talent. With ASOS Fashion Discovery (the “Competition”), they are looking to identify and nurture two emerging brands which display originality, commerciality, personality and entrepreneurial flair. In addition, ten runners up will be able to trade (rent-free and with a reduced commission rate) as a boutique on ASOS Marketplace for 12 months.
What is ASOS looking for?
ASOS is on the lookout for originality, commerciality, personality and entrepreneurial flair. If you think your brand’s got what it takes, we want to hear from you.
What will winners receive?
The two Winners will each win the following prize (“Prize”):
- £50,000 cash to be used to help each Winner grow its Brand;
- An edit of their Brand’s collections to be sold on asos.com (and local language sites at ASOS’ discretion) for 3 consecutive seasons starting SS17;
- 50 hours of mentoring split across up to 5 business functions (limited to a maximum of 15 hours per function): Retail, Marketing, Finance, Legal and Sourcing
- Editorial coverage on ASOS channels; and ASOS to create digital fashion look book.
Who can enter:
This Competition is only open to UK registered limited liability companies (“Companies”), that –
- have been trading for less than 5 years as at 1 April 2016 (start date taken from date of company registration); and operate a fashion brand (e.g. menswear, womenswear, unisexwear, accessories, footwear and/or jewellery) (“Brand”).
- Non-fashion product extensions will not be taken into account for the purposes of this Competition; and
sell new (i.e. not vintage or second-hand) and original fashion products.
- To make sure the Competition is conducted fairly, ASOS cannot accept applications from Companies which are professionally connected to ASOS or a Competition judge (either directly or indirectly).
- Subject to this, all hard-working and creative Companies are welcome to enter, including Companies listed on ASOS Marketplace (a separate platform to asos.com, where independent third party boutiques sell direct to customers).
Each Company must nominate:
- a representative to enter the Competition on its behalf (the “Representative”). References in these Ts&Cs to “You” are directed to the Representative; and
two key individuals (one of whom would normally be the Representative) to represent the Company if it is Shortlisted – including appearing in the Stage 3 photo/video shoots, panel session and (if selected as a Winner) attending the Winner’s Ceremony (“Key Individuals”).
- All Representatives and Key Individuals must be members of senior management and/or directors of the Company, have full authority to represent and bind the Company, be over the age of 18, and be a resident of the UK.
- An individual can only be appointed as a Representative and/or Key Individual for one Company.
What Will the Judges Be Looking For?
In all 3 stages of the Competition, the judges will be looking for Companies and their Brand that:
- are appropriate for the ASOS website – e.g. in terms of their values, relevance to 20-somethings and price point;
- have a strong, high-quality online and social presence;
- display originality, commerciality, personality and entrepreneurial flair – not only in their Competition application, but also in their fashion collection, marketing content, and day-to-day;
have credible distribution channels and ability to supply and scale for global sale;
- show commercial strength, viability and an appreciation of risk management;
- have a good understanding of how marketing and PR can build their business; and
- can demonstrate that they will use the Prize to grow their Brand.
Find out more / apply here: http://www.asos.com/fashion-discovery