BBC Writersroom’s regular window for unsolicited scripts is open between 10am on Friday 9th December 2016 and 5pm on Monday 9th January 2017 for Drama scripts (TV, film, radio, stage or online).
**Please note this Script Room will close at 5pm on Monday 9th January 2017. No late submissions will be accepted.**
Submit your script – You will only be able to submit your script during the time the window is open:
- This year, submissions by post will be accepted under exceptional circumstances, which you will need to be pre-cleared when requesting your postal cover sheet.
- The safest way to submit your script is to use the E-Submissions system. All you need is an email address and access to the internet in order to use it.
- Read the FAQs for information about the E-Submissions system
- Writers will be asked to submit: 1 drama script of at least 30 minutes / pages in length for TV, Film, Radio, Stage or Online* | A brief biography of your writing to date (up to 1 paragraph) to be included on your profile.
- If you are submitting an episode script for a series/serial, you may also attach a brief outline (1-3 pages) of further episodes and the series/serial as a whole – This should be attached as a separate PDF document to your script
- Your script should be a saved as a single PDF document of no more than 10MB in size.
- All scripts will be read “blind” i.e. without a name attached, until after full-read stage – Please remember to remove your name and contact details from your script.
- *If you are submitting a sample script for Children’s TV or Online, you are welcome to submit 2 x 15 min episodes as a single PDF document.
- If this is your first time submitting online, you will have the opportunity to set up a new account once the window is open.
- Do not wait until the day of deadline to submit your script. Always allow plenty of time for troubleshooting, as late submissions will not be accepted.
- Explore a collection of advice and resources for writing Drama including blogs, interviews and scripts.
View and download example Script Formats.
Visit the Writersroom Script library to read scripts.