Imagine a time when the history of the African Diaspora is fully embedded within the education system, is easily accessible for everyone to learn and enjoy and is celebrated all year round. Black Cultural Archives’ aims to achieve this.
In 2014, Black Cultural Archives opened the first national Black heritage institution in the UK. The heritage centre is a permanent home for historic material, providing the foundation for a strong archive repository and public programme.
This is an important time for the Black Cultural Archives. We have excellent relationships within the arts and heritage sector and with a range of funders but these are difficult times for Charities. If you support our mission, have expertise in this field and are excited by this challenge – then we would like to hear from you.
The Volunteer Manager will play a key role in helping us to build a resilient organisation. We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced professional, with a proven track record in working with volunteers who can lead the growth and development of our volunteer force and ensure that they are deployed in ways that serve the growing needs of the organisation.
- Closing date: 12.00pm Friday 2 December 2016
- Interviews: Monday 12 December 2016
- To apply for this post: download the application pack and application form. Please return your completed application to email@example.com. The subject line of the email to be marked VM/10/16.
Trustee Recruitment Opportunities
Black Cultural Archives is refreshing its Board of Trustees and clarifying what is required of some of the key roles.
- Commercial income generation
- Trustee: Education (Schools and Further and Higher Education)
We are seeking individuals with high-level Board experience from an Arts and Heritage background and with experience of Black Community Advocacy, human resource and organisation change management who will commi to our Board for a minimum of 2 years. These are voluntary positions that provide trustees with opportunities to contribute their significant expertise to our important mission. The Board meets once every 8 weeks (6.30-8.30 pm).
- The closing date: Friday 25 November 2016.
- To apply for this post: send your CV and covering letter to Paul@bcaheritage.org.uk. Your cover letter should highlight your interest in BCA and motivation for joining our Board. Please also detail your availability and relevant experience. Download application pack for more details.
We are looking for talented and enthusiastic volunteers, take a look at current opportunities.