THIS WEEK: An evening class with Samantha Clarke, How To Build A Portfolio Career
Join lecturer and changemaker Samantha Clarke for an exclusive masterclass on how to combine your skills into a thriving portfolio career.
As the world of work changes and the demands of family and following our dreams pull on more and more of our time, portfolio careers are becoming an increasingly popular alternative to a traditional full-time job. If escaping the nine to five to manage your passion projects is something you dream of, get along to this unique evening class with lecturer, happiness consultant and changemaker, Samantha Clarke.
Samantha Clarke has three main passions in life; teasing solutions out of matted problems, being a catalyst for great ideas and supporting and inspiring individuals to make changes and be their best. Luckily she gets to do all three with a portfolio career.
Ideal for industry professionals and freelancers, this masterclass hosted by the Guardian at their shimmering Kings Cross home, offers fascinating insights into the future of work, plus expert advice on combining your multiple skills and interests into a thriving portfolio career. Over the course of the evening, you’ll learn ways to leverage your skills, create a personal brand and adapt to changes in the digital age. Crucially, you’ll also receive tips on making time for rest and relaxation, so you can build a successful portfolio career without burning out.
Samantha will cover:
- The trends disrupting the future of work – and why it’s important to future-proof your skills
- How to find opportunities and cultivate a portfolio plan that’s right for you
- Self-employment and different types of work – combining part-time, freelance and temporary roles
- Building a distinctive personal brand and promoting your skills toolkit
- Making the best use of new technology in your work and life
- Expert advice on how to make time for rest and relaxation, no matter how busy you are
- The tactics needed to make a portfolio career work in the long-term – including the importance of being adaptable
- Practical activities to help you identify your personal portfolio plan, leverage your skills and find the support you need to succeed
- Case studies, resources and Q&A
Date: Wednesday 27 April 2016
Location: The Guardian, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London N1 9GU
Price: £99 (includes VAT, booking fee and drinks)
Event capacity: 36