From America’s most acclaimed political playwright, Pulitzer and Tony® winner Robert Schenkkan (Academy Award® nom.), comes a provocative theatrical event written in a “white hot fury”.
In a time when shocking campaign rhetoric is turned into real policies, BUILDING THE WALL reveals the power of theatre to question who we are and where we might be going.
It is 2019. Rick, a former prison administrator, now finds HIMSELF imprisoned, awaiting a possible death sentence. Having run a private prison facility in Trump’s America, new immigration laws forced him to accept an overabundant influx of prisoners awaiting deportation.
The pressures in this “for profit” facility, quickly begin to pile up. Rick is on his own to “figure things out”. The situation quickly spins out of control.
Who’s really to blame for what ensued? Gloria, a history professor, is here to interview him, to hear his story and, maybe understand the man behind the headlines.
Casting the role of GLORIA
GLORIA – is an African American woman in her 30’s. Intelligent. Warm. Modestly dressed. A professor of history.
If you think you fit the role of Gloria please send your resume ASAP to: email@example.com by 15th July
- Dates: Rehearsals upon agreement starting mid August 2017
- Show dates: 25th September – 7th October
- Location: Theater Drachengasse, Fleischmarkt 22, 1010 Vienna www.drachengasse.at Opening their 2017/2018 Season
- Pay: Small salary plus profit share, Accomodation and flight covered.
- Director: Joanna Godwin-Seidl
- Cast member playing Rick: Dave Moskin
For information: www.viennatheatreproject.com | Contact details: 069912127679