Fame – Amateur Production in Northwich, Cheshire To be staged 25th – 28th October 2017
Fame is nothing short of a global phenomenon and if the recent smash-hit West End production is any indication, Fame The Musical is indeed “gonna live forever”.
Set during the last years of New York City’s celebrated High School for the Performing Arts on 46th Street (1980-1984), Fame The Musical is a bittersweet but ultimately inspiring story of a diverse group of students as they commit to four years of gruelling artistic and academic work. With candour, humour and insight, the show explores the issues that confront many young people today – prejudice, identity, self-worth, literacy, sexuality, substance abuse and perseverance.
- Auditions for Fame The Musical will be held on the 21st June and possibly the 25th June TBC.
- To be eligible to audition for cast of Fame all auditionees must be 18 years of age or older.
There will be two types of Auditions:
- CAST ROLE – If you are wishing to audition for a specific role. If you play an instrument, please let us know in your audition booking
- FEATURED DANCERS – If you are wishing to audition as part of our Featured Dancers. Please note you will still need to sing for us (don’t worry we won’t judge )
All auditionees will be required to:
- Sing as per audition piece set by the musical director
- Participate in a group dance audition – This will be in all styles of dance (Acrobatic skills an advantage but not required).
To book your audition send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Your name, age, email address and contact details
- Role(s) you wish to audition for eg. cast name, featured dancer
- Don’t forget to include if you play an instrument or have any other special talents
- If you are not a current member a £5 audition fee will apply, this can be refunded or taken off your membership if successful.
- You will receive an email within 48hours confirming your time slot.
Spoken Audition Sides – To access audition script you must email – email@example.com
- Nick Piazza – Ambitious, classical actor who is very serious about acting. Has hidden romantic interest for Serena. Pg. 14 & 15, 34, 35, 48
- Serena Katz – A shy, timid yet keen and enthusiastic actress. Develops returned romantic feelings for Nick. Pg. 14 & 15, 34, 35
- Jose ‘Joe’ Vegas – Spanish acting student. Loud, funny and the comic of the show. Develops an unreturned crush on Carmen. Pg. 16 & 17
- Carmen Diaz – A sexy, confident but cocky dancer with a big ego. Carmen is determined to make it big and is obsessed with fame. Has returned romantic feelings for Schlomo. Pg. 29, 30, 37,38,39, 51,52
- Tyrone Jackson – A dyslexic hip hop dancer who comes from a lower income background. Shares a love-hate relationship with Iris whom he constantly argues with. Pg. 22, 23, 26, 27, 28
- Mabel Washington – A loud and chubby dancer who is desperate to lose weight but can’t resist food. Often speaks her mind and gives out advice to other characters in their times of trouble. Pg. 29,30, 56,57
- Iris Kelly – A very talented, graceful ballet dancer who is believed to be extremely wealthy although it is later revealed that she is not. Iris is insecure with herself and afraid people do not like her. She shares a love-hate relationship with Tyrone whom she constantly argues with. Pg. 26,27,28
- Schlomo Metzenbaum – Shy, classical violinist in a rock band he set up. Schlomo comes from a musical background and his father is a famous violinist. Schlomo is fed up from the strain of being expected to do well and wishes to rebel. Has a returned romantic interest in Carmen. Pg. 37,38,39, 40, 51,52
- Grace ‘Lambchops’ Lamb – A loud, confrontational rock chick and tomboy who plays the drums for Schlomo’s band. She often loses her temper and it is implied that she does not take school seriously. Pg. 70,71, 72,73
- Goodman ‘Goody’ King – A trumpet/saxophone musician who is in Schlomo’s band. Is believed to be Schlomo’s best friend. Pg. 40
- Miss Esther Sherman – A strict English teacher who loves her students despite the fact that she comes down hard on them. Pg. 41, 60,61,62
- Ms. Greta Bell – Dance teacher with a big passion for different styles of dance. Believes that dance is a way of life. Pg. 22,23, 41
- Mr. Myers – A laid-back drama teacher with an obsession for human psychology. Pg. 16 & 17
- Mr. Shienkopf – European Music tutor with a love for classical music and hatred for all things rock and roll. Pg. 24,25
Singing Audition Sides
- Carmen: There She Goes/Fame – bar 5-30 LA – bar 71-end
- Mabel: Mabel’s Prayer – whole number
- Nick: I Wanna Make Magic – bar 3-21
- Serena: Love Scene – bar 5-33
- Joe: Can’t Keep It Down – bar 1-55
- Tyrone: Rap – bar 1-12 Dancing on the Sidewalk – bar 11-35
- Miss Sherman: These are my Children – bar 31-end
- Ms Greta: Teacher’s Argument – bar 43-69
Production Team Director: Ben Ireson | Musical Director: Beckie Morley | Choreographer: Leah Dovey Evans
- To book your audition send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (see above for what you need to send with your email)
- To access audition scripts you must email – email@example.com