Job Title: Channel Executive
Reports to: Director of Programmes
The role requires someone who has the ability to provide extensive high-level support to the Director of Programmes across a range of his responsibilities from commissioning to channel management.
You will report directly to the Director of Programmes to provide advice and assistance to ensure the commercial and creative success of Channel 4’s Commissioning department.
- To provide support to the DOP on Commissioning projects and other initiatives
- To assist with, and where possible resolve, day-to-day editorial quality control, compliance, legal and related issues, ‘troubleshooting’ as necessary
- To prepare presentations and speaking notes for the DOP for internal and external events
- Provide briefings for the DOP ahead of public engagements and meetingS
- On occasion represent the DOP in meetings
- To prepare agendas for internal meetings, including preparation and data gathering feedback for Creative Breakfasts output dissemination
- Manage the award & festival coordination – determining which team members will be speaking on what topic at which Panel. Determining what award nominations will be submitted and associated logistics. Determining who will be attending ceremonies etc
- To work with Editors to produce short VT’s and showreels for external and internal collateral use (e.g. Award submissions)
- To help organise special events such as commissioner briefings with producers
Essential experience and skills
Commissioning experience is not essential but the successful candidate will have at least five years’ experience in TV production or broadcasting at a major channel:
- Must be passionate with a strong proven track record of demonstrating creative flair, strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Must have sound editorial judgement
- Tact and diplomacy
- Strong proven track record in production quality control and be good at edit stage
- Strong team player
- Excellent understanding of legal/compliance guidelines
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of recent broadcasting
- Excellent PowerPoint skills
- Commendable stakeholder management skills
- Ability to direct an editor in edit suite to cut short Vts.
- Aptitude for event management
- Commendable communication skills – both verbal and written
- Flexibility, patience, perseverance and commitment to get the job done
Desirable experience and skills
- Online or Multi-Platform experience
- Ability to handle audience data
Find out more / apply: here.