The training scheme will involve a commitment of 9 continuous weeks on the set of the successful long-running continuing drama series Hollyoaks. The aim is not only to observe the whole production process from prep to post production, but to take full responsibility for an episode of Hollyoaks and thereby gain a directing credit. Embracing this scheme and its aims can only serve to develop the pool of directing talent, for Hollyoaks and the industry as a whole.
The training placements will be based in Liverpool, the first one will begin in July whilst the second will be scheduled for the Autumn.
- This is for a director who has a genuine interest in Hollyoaks and is passionate about the programme. Lime Pictures are looking for directors who can clearly articulate the visual style, story structure and unique creative elements that make Hollyoaks stand out from other dramas.
- Directors will need to have directing experience – normally in the form of short films. The selection team will be looking to evaluate key story-telling skills through the performance of actors and choice of camera angles. The director should also be able to demonstrate an ability to effectively collaborate with every team member involved in the process.
- Applications from groups that are currently under-represented in TV drama (BAME, disabled talent) are encouraged to apply.
- This training is open to Women directors and is being advertised under the positive action provisions of the Equality Act 2010.
Please out an application form and send back with your CV and a link to your show reel to: email@example.com by Monday 30 May 2016.
- All shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a pre-training Workshop in Liverpool.
- Interviews: Monday 13 June 2016
- Workshop: Monday 20 June 2016