The Screen Nation Digital is Media Awards is an annual online awards covering up to 16 categories themed under digital publishing, entertainment and culture.
The Digital is Media Awards celebrates excellence by black British professionals and non professionals alike working to produce innovative, interactive video content, plus apps, social media campaigns, games and web channels. And it also champions outstanding web, podcast and online talk shows from channels that achieve scale, volume and noise, no matter what their budgets.
Taking place at the May Fair Hotel, W1 this year’s awards were hosted by current stars of Britsh comedy feature The Weekend, Percelle Ascott, Dee Kaate and Joivan Wade otherwise known as Wall of Comedy.
Winners of the 2016 Awards:
- Favourite Short film – Deep It
- Favourite Web Series – Hood Documentary
- Favourite Web Series Ensemble – A Lesson Learnt
- Favourite Web Series Actor – Kayode Ewumi
- Favourite Web Series Actress – Olu Adaeze
- Favourite Podcast – 3 Shots of Tequila
- Favourite Online Talk Show – Not For The Radio
- Favourite Arts / Entertainment magazine – Gal-Dem magazine
- Favourite Youth Entertainment magazine – GRM Daily
- Favourite Comedian – A Dot
Find out more about Screen Nation here