The Screen Arts Institute (SAI) is dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in the screen arts, supported, trained and mentored by fellow professionals. Mentors include Oscar and Bafta winners. The Screen Arts Institute is a non-governmental organisation run by a core group of established screen talent. They act as its Advisory Council, its Mentors and, most importantly, its example of excellence as a group of ongoing professionals.
The SAI is looking for talented filmmakers to join its Autumn-start programmes. If you have talent, commitment and a desire to collaborate with the best in the industry, check our programme outlines. Creative Skillset is providing two full bursaries for BAME filmmakers, and there are also two 20% Bursaries available for the best applicants!
Oscar and Bafta winners. If you are a screenwriter, producer, director, actor SAI run programmes and events to make the most of your talent and to accelerate your progress. SAI programmes are designed to develop your work to high professional standards. SAI sell you and your work direct to industry, and everything they do is designed to shorten the odds of your projects being made and distributed. If you aspire to the highest levels of achievement and want to further develop your working relationship with agents, producers, distributors and exhibitors, then find out more about SAI.
- Ideal applicants will be film-makerse who display: Talent | Commitment | An ability to collaborate with enthusiasm
- You don’t need any previous qualifications, degrees or even industry experience. Raw talent and commitment are what SAI care about.
- The SAI dmissions team will assess your work and successful applicants will be interviewed (in person or by phone/Skype) before an offer of a place is made.
For the Creative Skillset bursaries, and SAI Bursaries for 2015/2016 send in:
- A CV of educational background and relevant industry experience.
- sample of your writing (and, for directors, a show-reel) that you think best illustrates your talent.
- A one-page analysis of a movie or a scene from a movie that you have found particularly powerful – describing how you feel it achieves this power.
For further information / to submit your application go to: http://www.thescreenartsinstitute.com/application-criteria/
or email Stephen May: email@example.com