Bursaries for artists who identify as PoC/BAME artists
Derby Theatre, in association with Tamasha Developing Artists and In Good Company, would like to offer three bursaries to artists of colour from the Midlands. These bursaries are being offered to support the development of culturally diverse artists in recognition that artists of colour are currently underrepresented in the industry, including Derby Theatre’s immediate pool of artists.
There are three bursaries of £2000 available to:
- Bursary to be Assistant Director on any Derby Theatre production, (you would be expected to cover your own travel and accommodation costs).
- Bursary to develop ongoing artistic practice for artists of any theatre discipline from inside
the East Midlands (inclusive of – live art, actors, writers, directors, theatre companies,
- Bursary to develop ongoing artistic practice for artists of any theatre discipline from the East or West Midlands (inclusive of – live art, actors, writers, directors, theatre companies, devisers etc.)
*Bursary recipients must use bursary by end of spring 2019. It can be used to support other funding applications, finding a mentor, for an R&D, training courses etc. Applications for a bursary will be taken as a request to join the In Good Company artist network mailing list.
To Apply – Send 2 pages of A4 or video (5 minute limit) covering:
- Summary of experience to date
- If applying for Assistant Director, the type of Derby Theatre production you’d like to work on
- If applying for bursary 2 or 3, ideal timeline and breakdown of how money will be used (please attach an excel document)
- How this opportunity will help develop your practice
- Contact details including – name, email, phone number and home address
- Examples of your previous artistic work, e.g. a short script sample or links to view work
Deadline: 28th February 2018
Please complete the equal opportunities monitoring form. Bursary recipients will be expected to provide regular updates on their projects and resulting work will need to have a ‘supported by’ credit to Derby Theatre, In Good Company, Tamasha and Arts Council England’s Sustained Theatre grant.
Please send your application and equal opportunities form to Rafia Hussain – firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Artist bursary’ in the subject line.
To discuss your application, please drop in to one of our socials for PoC/BAME artists or drop a member of the IGC team/Rafia an email, contact details can be found here.