Eclipse is the UK’s foremost Black-led production company, at the vanguard of delivering diverse programming in theatre, film and radio across the country.
With inclusivity at the core of all our work we deliver high quality touring theatre productions (A Raisin in the Sun, One Monkey Don’t Stop No Show), our digital platform Eclipse TV and our unrivalled audience development programme, giving thousands of people their first engagement with the arts.
It is our mission to use the Black British experience to create new work that will enrich Britain’s mainstream media. Led by Artistic Director Dawn Walton, Eclipse is a National Portfolio Funded Organisation with Arts Council England.
Alongside making our own work, we support and produce a range of projects with Black artists across the country. Primarily, this is through two national and international programmes:
- Revolution Mix – a three year movement challenging inequality in theatre, radio and film. 15 writers, 11 partner venues and a cohort of new Cultural Ambassadors will work together to create the largest ever national delivery of new Black British stories.
- Sustained Global – is designed to support Black (broadest sociopolitical context) theatre makers in the North by offering training, development, commissions, residencies, retreats, production space, and through the development of 6 ‘Enablers’ (Black Arts Professionals) who will support artists to generate long term career sustainability in the independent sector.
This is a ground-breaking new programme that will see those who participate work on a local, national and international level.
Eclipse is now looking for a vibrant individual to join the company as a General Manager during this exciting time.
Main Purpose of the Job:
- The General Manager at Eclipse is focused on the overall administration and operations of the company’s activities. They are responsible to the Artistic Director (F/T), supporting the Executive Producer (P/T) and working alongside the Assistant Producer (F/T) to deliver the company’s ambitious, varied and internationally significant Artistic Programme.
- They are the main source of contact with the Company acting as the face for any enquiries from artists, partners and the general public.
Terms and Conditions
- Salary: £26,500
- Location: Sheffield
- Hours: 35 hours per week (plus a compulsory break for one hour, taking working week to 40 hours)
- Holidays: 25 days per year (including statutory Bank Holidays)
- Term: After a satisfactory six month probationary period this is a permanent position.
- Notice: Following completion of a successful probationary period, the notice period is three months on either side.
- Pension: After completion of a satisfactory probationary period the employer offers a stakeholder pension, whereby contributions can be deducted from the salary. There is a 2% contribution from the Employer at present (employee contribution is at own discretion).
- Closing date: 17th March 2017, 5pm
- Interviews: 27th March 2017
- Start date: As soon as possible.
How to Apply
- For more about the General Manager role see the full job description/job pack here.
- Please send a CV and Covering Letter responding to the Essential Attributes outlined in the job pack and identifying how you relate to the Desirable areas of commitment and submit via The Guardian website.
- Please also include in your application brief details of where you heard about this position (eg. Guardian jobs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)