Sky Academy invites IdeasTap members to apply for one of five £30,000 Arts Scholarships (€38,000). These life-changing bursaries, which include a programme of expert mentoring, allow each scholar to focus exclusively on their creative practice for an entire year. Get ready to give up that day job…
The scholarships are open to artists aged 18-30 and are designed to help emerging talent from a range of disciplines to develop their work and take their careers to the next level. In addition to financial support, winners are paired with business and creative mentors from Sky and their industry to support them along the way.
- Sky Academy Arts Scholarships are open to individuals working in the following fields:
- Performing arts: theatremakers including directors, spoken word artists, puppeteers and live artists
- Dance: dancers and choreographers
- Music: musicians, composers, songwriters and conductors
- Visual arts: including painters, sculptors, photographers, animators and digital artists
- Creative producing: do you bring together disparate parts of culture in exciting and innovative ways? This category is open to creative producers working in visual arts, theatre, film and performance/dance
- Creative writing: including playwrights, novelists, graphic novelists and poets – but not film or TV scripts
The five winners won’t necessarily come from five different categories. Looking at all the applications, the judges will pick the five entries they believe to be the strongest overall.
This year four scholarships will be awarded to artists living in the UK and one scholarship will be awarded to an artist living in the Republic of Ireland.
Also, based on feedback from last year, artists can submit either a written or filmed application – so you can choose the format you feel most comfortable with and which best suits your work. If you select a filmed application, please ensure your video is no longer than three minutes in length.
To apply, you must be an IdeasTap member aged 18-30 on the closing date (26 Feb 2015) and either be a citizen of the UK or ROI or have been resident in the UK or ROI for the last five years. Either way, you must currently be living in the UK or Ireland and be able to remain living in the UK or ROI for the duration of the scholarship to be eligible to apply.
You must only apply in one category – choose whichever category you think best suits your work – and please select either a written OR filmed application when filling out the application form.
For further information go to: http://www.ideastap.com/Opportunities