Would you like to produce the UK’s largest international student film festival?
Are you passionate about supporting the next generation of Film & TV talent? Apply now to be the Producer of Watersprite Film Festival.
- Organisation: Watersprite Film Festival
- Position: Festival Producer
- Location: London, Cambridge, Virtual (work can be done mainly from London)
- Application Deadline: Friday 10th July 2020
- Contract Starts: Tuesday 1st September 2020
- Type: Freelance Contractor’s Agreement
- Term: Minimum 8-month, with the opportunity to extend. Full time (5 days a week) with flexible working hours.
- Salary: £28,000 – £34,000 per annum, dependent on experience
- Contact: Anna Keeley (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We are seeking an enthusiastic, highly adaptable and self-starting Producer to work full-time to build Watersprite Film Festival into a respected industry name for new talent.
Watersprite is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all individuals. We actively encourage applications from candidates who are currently underrepresented in the Film & TV industries, especially from Black, Asian, Indigenous and Latinx candidates (and those who identify under the banner of People of Colour).
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, please send a CV and Cover Letter (Maximum 2 sheets of A4 in length) to (email@example.com). Please tell us of any access needs you have when emailing us your CV and Cover Letter.
- In your Cover Letter, please provide focused examples of how you meet the knowledge, skills and experiences listed below.
- Please also ensure you have read the full job description with information about the festival and person specification (document attached here).
- Interviews will be held in the last two weeks of July 2020 via Zoom.
- If you have any questions or you’d like to chat further about the role, please contact Anna at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see a full job description for all responsibilities and information about the festival by downloading this document.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 1-2 years professional experience in film, media, the arts, events production or community youth worK
- Proven experience of implementing arts, creative, business or community initiatives on a past project.
- Excellent communication skills – friendly and able to build rapport quickly with external sponsors and partners.
- Self-motivated and highly organised – ability to work independently and implement new projects and ideas efficiently.
- Genuine passion for the Screen Industries – interest in initiatives for new talent in the UK and abroad, the international film festival circuit and public funding in the arts and media sector.
- Committed to increasing access to the Screen Industries in meaningful ways for under-represented young people in the UK and abroad.
- Adaptable and flexible towards new tasks – possessing a can-do attitude and willingness to seek help in areas outside of understanding.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience of the Watersprite Film Festival, either attending or participating in the past, or showing an understanding of the festival’s objectives, activities and future challenges.
- Experiences of fundraising (writing funding applications, crowdfunding, securing sponsorship)
- Good leadership skills – experience managing a team and ensuring good communication and positive relationships are maintained across all areas.
- Financial fluency – experience working with budgets and finances.
If this sounds like the job for you find out more about Watersprite Film Festival here and apply!