Nominations for the anticipated GUBA 2017 Awards, are live online.
The nominations serve as a prelude to the awards which is scheduled to take place in June 2017. The nomination process provides the public with a platform to acknowledge and recognise change makers within their communities.
GUBA Awards nominees are selected by the public, shortlisted and put forward for a public vote. Successful candidates are then accredited and celebrated on the awards night.
Currently in its 6th year, GUBA will celebrate its anniversary in conjunction with Ghana at 60, with an array of Black Star, Community, Business and Entertainment awards.
The diverse categories on offer for nominations this year are:
- Business Start Up of the Year Award – https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Start-Up2017
- Efie Ne Fie Entrepreneur Award – https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/EfieNeFie2017
- Best Corporate Citizenship Award – https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/CorporateCitizenship2017
- Professional of the Year Award – https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Professional2017
- Young & Talented Award – https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/YoungTalented2017
- Vlogger Award – https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/Vlogger2017
- Animator of the Year Award – https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/Animator2017
- Best Ghanaian Alumni Award – https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BestAlumni2017
- Best Charity of the Year Award – https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/BestCharity2017
- Student Achiever of Excellence Award – https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/StudentAchiever2017
- GUBA Scholar Award – https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/GUBACheveningScholar
This is an opportunity for the public to nominate well deserved and soon to be celebrated persons of Ghanaian heritage.
Expressing her views on nominations, the CEO of the GUBA Enterprise, Mrs Dentaa Amoateng MBE stated: “The nomination process is a very crucial part of the awards. There are many talented and hardworking individuals yet to be acknowledged, and the public play an important role in nominating such individuals. This is one of my favourite parts of the awarding process as there are many skilled individuals brought to light.”
GUBA 2017 is on course to be a memorable and entertaining event celebrating sixty years of Ghana’s Independence and six years of the GUBA Awards.
The complete nomination categories can be accessed via www.gubaawards.co.uk
Nominations end on Sunday 29th January 2017.