Tricycle Young Company is an opportunity for young people to develop their skills as theatre makers working alongside the professionals. Three groups, for 11-14s, 15-18s & 19-25s meet weekly for a whole year, creating new productions for the Tricycle stage and the annual Tricycle Takeover each spring. Tricycle Young Company makes work that defies cultural boundaries, engages the emotions and investigates the world.
In 2015-16, the Young Company Director will be Tom Bowtell. Tom is Artistic Director of a new organisation, KIT Theatre, which specialises in creating immersive theatre for, by and with young people. Tom is the founder and lead artist of the award-winning Adventures in Learning, which combines theatre, digital story-telling and game mechanics to deliver formal and informal learning. Between 2008 and 2015 Tom was a co-director of theatre company Coney where he co-authored shows including A Small Town Anywhere and Early Days (of a better nation).
Join Tricycle Young Company
- Applications to take part in 2015/16 are open now. You don’t need lots of experience, but take note of the following things:
- Enthusiasm to work creatively with others
- Willingness to share ideas
- Interest in the whole theatre-making process, including devising, writing, performance and design
- Real commitment to attending all weekly sessions from September-July, half-term intensives and additional rehearsals closer to performances.
If you are interested in joining please complete an application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 August at 6pm. All applicants are invited to an evening recruitment workshop to be held during 7–10 September, where there will be information provided about the work Tricycle Young Company will be creating this year.
Find out more: http://www.ayoungertheatre.com