Junior Database Administrator
The Royal Opera House continues to lead the way in opera, ballet, music and dance live on stage at our heritage theatre site here in Covent Garden, and reaching out to audiences across the UK and worldwide with our cinema screenings and content through other digital platforms. The Digital Development and Technology team works to provide a service to all departments across the Royal Opera House Group, including maintaining systems for our work in customer service, marketing and scheduling, all essential areas of our business.
We are now looking for a Junior Database Administrator to join the Digital Development team. Working as part of the Digital Development team and operating to work across the Royal Opera House Group, to manage, maintain and administer a range of databases and database applications and provide third line support. The role works closely with other team members as well as contracted services to ensure a high level of service to a range of user groups across the business. The position is offered as a permanent contract.
The ideal candidate will be a strong team player with these qualities:
- Sufficient skills and experience in database administration and IT service delivery
- Experience of administering Microsoft Windows Server, and experience of MS SQL 2012 or later
- Demonstrable understanding of the principles of networking and internet technologies
- Microsoft SQL certification (MCSA) or ability to work towards this
- Ability to keep up to date with current technology, methodologies and department procedures and implement change effectively
- Commitment to delivering a high quality service both individually and as a team
We actively encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and value the positive impact difference has on our teams.
- Applicants must have work authorization for the UK.
- No agencies.
Junior Database Administrator @ Royal Opera House. Deadline 8.00am, Thursday 20 July 2017. Find out how to apply here.