First launched in Japan, Dragons’ Den is now an international brand with various versions airing in countries across the globe. Entrepreneurs pitch for investment in the Den from our Dragons, five venture capitalists willing to invest their own money in exchange for equity.
The Runner will provide accurate, effective and timely support to the production teams in the office, in studios and on location. Production work can involve long and unpredictable work patterns and pressure to meet tight schedules. Normal office hours will generally apply, but a flexible approach to working time is required subject to the BBC’s Condition of Service Code of Practice and Equal Opportunities policies.
The Runner will actively contribute to the generation of ideas across Entertainment North, and will support the production team and talent both in the office and on location. They will undertake general office duties including typing, taking messages, photocopying and filing. This will include the processing and filing of contributor applications, production material and confidential information.
The Runner will be required to make, deliver and collect urgent mail/packages/DVDs between local buildings, and to establish and maintain logging and interview cataloguing systems. They will also be required to collect guests/entrepreneurs from reception and to provide hospitality (tea/coffee making etc.) Other duties will include dealing with members of the public at location, events, exhibitions, filming of pitches, and potentially pitching businesses to the Series Producer and Executive Producer.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for this role will have
- Demonstrable experience or interest in the media. Particular knowledge of TV production and the types of network programming made in Entertainment North.
- Strong time management & organisational skills and the ability to identify priorities and to work to tight deadlines.
- The ability to establish effective working relationships quickly with all of the department’s staff, and work effectively and efficiently as part of a team.
- Competent phone manner and the ability to use initiative when speaking with business organisations and entrepreneurs.
- An understanding and ability to handle confidential information with tact and sensitivity.
Filming skills a bonus but not essential.
- Experience of working on Factual Entertainment or Entertainment programming desirable but not essential.
Fixed term contracts/attachments (on your application please specify which location you would prefer)
- 2 roles based in Media Centre, London
- 4 roles in MediaCity, Salford
To start 3 January 2017 for approximately 5 months – Grade 2
Go to the BBC Website to find out more / apply