Every year the BFI London Film Festival presents a selection of the best in world cinema, presenting audiences in London, and across the UK, with a wide array of films, representing a thrilling variety of languages, genres and filmmaking styles.
Seeking films for selection, BFI programmers view a vast number of films, attending other festivals, following alumni filmmakers’ work and researching the films in production from UK distributors and international partners.
The submissions process is key to us to opening the selection to filmmakers who wish for their films to be considered, enabling fresh filmmaking voices, and ensuring there is consideration of a wide variety of new work, from directorial debuts to established talent.
Every year is different, but to get a sense of the films that get selected, take a look at the 2018 programme.
How to submit
Read through the guidelines and regulations before submitting a film for consideration – here.
For UK features or short films please see point 9 of the guidelines and regulations for information regarding ‘UK production’ classification. Fees are as follows. All deadline times are local British time, GMT (Greenwich Mean Time), or BST (British Summer Time):
Fee for International feature films
- Early Bird is £45 if received by Friday 29 March 2019, 17.00 GMT
- Regular £60 if received between Saturday 30 March — Friday 31 May 2019, 17.00 BST
- Late Submission £75 if received between Saturday 1 June — Friday 14 June 2019, 17.00 BST
Fee for International short films
- Regular is £20 if received by Friday 31 May 2019, 17.00 BST
- Late Submission £30 if received between Saturday 1 June — Friday 14 June 2019, 17.00 BST
Fee for UK feature films
- Early Bird is £30 if received by Friday 29 March 2019, 17.00 GMT
- Regular £40 if received between Saturday 30 March — Friday 31 May 2019, 17.00 BST
- Late Submission £55 if received between Saturday 1 June – Friday 14 June 2019, 17.00 BST
Fee for UK short films
- Regular is £15 if received by Friday 31 May 2019, 17.00 BST
- Late Submission £20 if received between Saturday 1 June – Friday 14 June 2019, 17.00 BST
- Short films (40 mins or less) – Friday 14 June 2019, 17.00 BST
- Feature length films (more than 40 mins) – Friday 14 June 2019, 17.00 BST
On completion of your online submission form and confirmation of successful payment, you will be sent a confirmation email containing delivery instructions for DVD screener, if you have not already provided a password protected viewing online link.
For all short and feature film submissions, please complete the online form and Paypal payment here
Any queries regarding film submissions may be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.orgK