London Short Film Festival is delighted to announce With Teeth, a new commissioning fund conceived by LSFF and supported by Arts Council England National Lottery Funding.
With Teeth is a commissioning fund designed to prioritise the artists’ vision and will award grants of £2,000 to three moving image artists.
With Teeth will see LSFF continue to support independent filmmaking that just won’t conform. With Teeth will help artists to bridge the gap between mainstream and experimental viewing sensibilities, and will nurture artists with the support to take creative risks.
Three successful commissions will receive:
- £2000 to produce and deliver a moving image work – running time 3-5 minutes (including credits).
- World Premiere and curated special event at London Short Film Festival 2018
- Access to further exhibition opportunities via Nowness, Channel 4 Random Acts and British Council*
- Dedicated production support and guidance from the With Teeth team
The commission is open to all styles and forms of filmmaking. The films should explore the theme ‘Possession’ while expressing individual artistry.
To be eligible to apply you must –
- be an artist with proven experience of practice in artists moving image, film or digital media and based in England, UK.
- You will need to provide us with your home address and a link to your showreel (Vimeo, Youtube or professional web page).
- Applications welcome from artists at any stage of their career.
- Applications must be made by individual artists only.
- Applications from teams will not be accepted.
Please review the dates below carefully when applying – if your project is shortlisted, you will need to be able to work to these dates.
- Friday 26th May, 5pm – DEADLINE for submissions
- 7th June – shortlisted artists notified
- 14th June – deadline for additional details from shortlisted artists
- 26th June – winners announcement
- 10th July – work on commissioned projects commences
- 6th September – delivery of completed With Teeth commissions
To find out more information and apply, please submit via the online form here.
For regular With Teeth updates, the latest news and deadline reminders, follow @withteethfund on Twitter