Raindance showcases features, shorts and music videos by filmmakers from the UK and around the world to an audience of film executives and buyers, journalists, film fans and filmmakers. Along with screenings, there are seminars, workshops and parties to allow everyone the chance to share our passion for film.
The focus of Raindance programming changes each year to reflect current trends in UK and world cinema. The new underground, Japanese cinema, European, North American and UK indies feature regularly alongside other strands from all over the world. It is also an Academy Award and BAFTA qualifying festival, as well as being closely associated with the BIFAs.
Raindance members can submit one project at half price. If you are a member email email@example.com to receive your unique waiver code. Please include your membership number and expiry date.
Raindance Awards given: Best Film | Best Director | Best Screenplay | Best Actor | Best Actress | Best UK Feature | Best Documentary Feature | Discovery Award | Best Short | Best UK Short | Best Music Video
- The 24th Raindance Film Festival will take place in central London from 21 September to 2 October 2016.
- All submissions must have been completed after 1 January 2015. The early deadline is 22 April 2016, the regular deadline is 20 May 2016, the late deadline is 10 June 2016.
- All submissions must have been completed after 1 January 2015.
- Feature Films must be at least UK Premieres: they must not have been released in the UK on any format, nor screened publicly online.
- There is no Premiere policy for short films and music videos, they may have screened at other Festivals and/or online.
- All FilmFreeway submissions for Raindance Film Festival are to be paid by credit card. The submission fee is non-refundable.
- Submissions are reviewed and selected under the following criteria:
– Quality of narrative and production values
– Independent nature of the production
Find out more / submit go to: https://filmfreeway.com/festival/Raindance
To join Raindance please go to: https://filmfreeway.com/festival/Raindance