Raindance Film Festival is pleased to announce the return of the UK’s first independent festival dedicated to web/streaming series. The festival will take place 23rd to the 25th September 2016 during the Raindance Film Festival (21st September to 2nd October) at the Vue Cinema in London’s Piccadilly Circus.
The internet and mobile technology have created so many new opportunities for independent filmmakers, and web and mobile series have become the new short form content that creatives and studio executives have started looking at in order to find the next generation of filmmakers and stars.
Please READ THE RULES for additional information required to complete your submission. There is a new rule for 2016 to draw your attention to if you have submitted to past Raindance Web Fests.
Raindance Members can get 50% off their first submission. If you’re a member and want to submit a web series, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Member Submission’ in the subject line, to receive a discount code.
The 2016 Raindance Independent Series Awards will take place at the end of the festival. The categories are:
Best British Series | Best International Series | Best Writing | Best Directing | Best Lead Actor | Best Ensemble Cast | Best Achievement in Production | Raindance Discovery Award
- Raindance is looking for scripted and documentary web series.
- A qualifying web series must have at least 3 episodes released or ready to view by festival selectors by the time of the submission deadline (this can be behind a password for unreleased episodes).
- Submission Eligibility (NEW 2016 RULE) – All submissions must have been completed after 1 January 2015. Works-in-progress are accepted provided the final version is available by the start of the Festival. Web Series that have screened in previous Raindance Web Fests are not eligible in 2016 (this means Raindance will not accept new seasons of previous official selections in 2016).
- Any non-English language web series must have subtitles in English available. If accepted all non-English language web series must have English subtitles on the projection copy.
- Submission Fee All FilmFreeway submissions for Raindance are to be paid by credit card. The submission fee is non-refundable.
Note that if you are accepted the screening slot for each Web Series is a maximum of 12 minutes and a minimum of 3 minutes. Selected creators are allowed to either screen episodes with a total running time of no more than 12 minutes or edit an amalgamated episode from their series of up to 12 minutes.
To find out more / submit your web series go to: https://filmfreeway.com/festival/RaindanceWebFest
To join Raindance please go to: http://www.raindance.org/premium/