The winner writer will receive a paid development commission with their comedy department as well as being mentored by their senior comedy team. The runners up will receive career development prizes from ITV, the BBC and Hat Trick.
If you would like to enter you will need to:
- Submit a short synopsis of your comedy series idea (no more than 200 words 10-15 pages of an episode of the comedy series. This does not have to be the first episode, but it can be.)
- There must be a maximum of 6 characters in the script extract you submit. There can be further characters that appear in the series later on
- Your submission can be written for the competition, or it can be something you’re already working on.
- All submissions must be sent in a Word doc or PDF submitted through the TCN website
- Closing date for submissions is Sunday 4th Oct 2015
What’s the process?
- All submissions will be read
- Up to 20 submissions will be shortlisted by the TCN
- Tiger Aspect and TCN will select 5 submissions as finalists.
- The 5 finalists will be invited to a writer’s workshop on Saturday 31st October. These 5 writers will be taught how to generate an industry standard pitch and synopsis, as well as receiving in-depth advice and expertise from an industry Script Editor.
- Writers will also be developing their work with an eye to producing a full script.
- The 5 finalists will have their extracts performed at the WriterSlam event on 19th November. The event is open to the public and will have a large industry attendance.
- Tiger Aspect will select a winner
- Creative Skillset, ITV, ITV Studios, BBC and Hatrick will each select a runner up.
For further information go to the Triforce Creative Network website: http://thetcn.com/writerslam/