UK Trade & Investment is offering companies and entrepreneurs connected to the UK film industry a unique opportunity to win a bespoke business trip to Los Angeles during the week of the Britannia Awards 2015. Here the winner will meet industry experts who could help them realise their commercial ambitions and make their mark in the US and beyond.
This could be you. You may have an idea for the next big franchise, a new film technology or an innovative concept that could create new markets or audiences for film. Whatever your business idea, you could help to make it a reality by entering this fantastic competition.
Selected by a panel of industry leaders from the UK as the company or individual most likely to be successful in LA, the winner will enjoy a four-night stay in the city in late October 2015. As well as attending the Britannia Awards – a prestigious annual event which celebrates the achievements of the Hollywood and British production and entertainment business communities – they will receive a bespoke programme of one-to-one business meetings with key industry figures, as well as the opportunity to make a business pitch to an industry heavyweight.
This is a not-to-be-missed opportunity for anyone in the film industry who wants to see their business dream come true.
Areas that the panel is particularly interested to hear from include:
- Intellectual Property
- Filmmakers: writers, producers
- Publishers: authors, storytellers
- Key rights holders: games companies etc
- Technology, supporting the entertainment industry
- Film: pre-production, production, post-production
- Digital: audience engagement, games, virtual reality and more
Areas that build on the audience/visitor experience around film, theatre, fashion, music and theme parks
If you fit one of these categories and have a brilliant idea, enter the competition today to be in with a chance of winning this incredible prize and growing your global business.
The prize package includes:
- Bespoke business trip created for one individual, either for an individual entrepreneur or a representative of a larger business.
- Premium economy return flight from London to LA, timing dependent on availability of airline and subject to additional terms and conditions.
- Accommodation in LA for four nights (Tuesday, 27 October – Saturday, 31 October), single occupancy including daily breakfast.
- A seat at the official UKTI table at the Britannia Awards in LA on Friday, 30 October 2015.
- Bespoke programme of business meetings with relevant contacts in the LA area, with a minimum of four business meetings over the days leading up to the Britannia Awards.
- A business pitch opportunity to an industry heavyweight.
- A practice pitch / mentoring session with an industry contact in the UK in preparation for the final business pitch in LA.
For further information / to apply: https://www.events.ukti.gov.uk/talent-goes-to-hollywood-2015/