We’re delighted to welcome Nick Broomfield back to Curzon Soho for a Q&A and preview screening of his latest film Whitney Can I Be Me, with a post screening Q&A chaired by Be Manzini of The British Blacklist.
Monday 12th June, 6.20pm at the Curzon Cinema Soho.
Whitney Houston’s voice guaranteed her stardom. What she was unprepared for was the cost of fame. Nick Broomfield’s (Kurt and Courtney 1998, Biggie and Tupac 2002) documentary is a tribute to Houston’s talent and an ultimately sad tale of the singer’s rise to the top and inexorable descent from it.
Featuring interviews with family and friends, it’s a moving, emotionally resonant portrait.
For your chance to win one of TWO pairs of tickets answer the following question:
Whitney Houston’s father gave her a nickname, what was it?
A – Nettie
B – Niecey
C – Nippy
Email your answer along with your full name, and contact number to: firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please put ‘Whitney Competition’ in the subject line***
Closing date for entry will be Wednesday 7th June 2017. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
Terms and conditions
- This competition is only open to residents of the United Kingdom
- Closing date for entry will be Wednesday 7th June 2017. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The British Blacklist reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The winner will be notified by email. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 2 days of notification, The British Blacklist reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The British Blacklist’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Monday 12 June 6.20pm, Curzon Soho. Tickets £17.50 / £15.00 for Curzon Members. Find out more and book your tickets here.