The Screenwriters’ Talent Campus 2015 is hosted by The London Screenwriters’ Festival and supported by Creative Skillset, the industry skills body for the Creative Industries.
SUBMISSIONS DEADLINE (EXTENDED): Wednesday 16th September, midnight (11:59pm)
Do you want to participate in a 10-day intensive screenwriting course with two months mentoring? The Screenwriters’ Talent Campus 2015 is focused on your creative talent with professional development, career advancement and the practical business of screenwriting.
The Screenwriters’ Talent Campus want you to get your work produced. To that end they have four clear objectives at the Talent Campus.
- To improve your professional and industry skills to help platform you as talent to watch.
- To refine your story and writing skills in the context of a commercial marketplace.
- To realign your project with commercial trends to increase the probability of getting optioned and produced.
- Exclusive Opportunity: The course will culminate, in December, in a day of real world meetings and pitching of projects. We will get you in a room. You do the rest.
Structured in three parts with two gaps for writing (supported by weekly mentoring sessions online), the Talent Campus will take writers who want to work on commercial screenplays and provide an immersive, challenging and powerful experience.
How much? Passes are £1,680* (which includes a pass to the festival and festival week).
*Successful applicants who are also UK citizens/residents who have a commitment to working within the British film industry can apply for a Creative Skillset grant that will cover two thirds the cost of attendance (SCreenwriters Talent Campus will handle the Creative Skillset application on your behalf).
- Cost for UK citizens/residents (with Creative Skillset support): £568.80
- Cost for non-UK citizen/resident: £1,680
- If you have already bought a London Screenwriters’ Festival pass or festival week tickets, these passes are deductible from the Talent Campus fee.
- Project Ignition: 26 September – 28 September (3 days)
- Writing Period 1: 29 September – 19 October (3 weeks)
- Immersion Week: 20 October – 25 October (6 days)
- Writing Period 2: 26 October – 4 December (6 weeks)
- Project Completion: 5 December (1 day)
Find out more: www.londonscreenwritersfestival.com