Full-time: fixed term
Job start date: 25/09/2017
Job end date: 09/10/2017
Location: Central London
Salary: £4000-£4500 depending on experience
Job description: The BIFA Marketing Assistant will support the Awards & Events Coordinator and the BIFA Directors to deliver the 20th British Independent Film Awards nominations announcement, ceremony and supporting events. The bulk of the role will be:
- administration and marketing
- assisting in the planning and execution of the ceremony and other events, from the voting process to the live event itself.
The Marketing Assistant will have creative involvement in the strategy and execution of the marketing campaign for the ceremony and surrounding events.
- Researching longlisted, nominated and winning films and the BIFA archive to help create content for the 2017 Awards and 20th Anniversary campaigns
- Planning and executing social media campaigns,
- Writing briefs for creation of video edits and project-managing delivery of the edits
- Creating and editing social media and online copy and other content (e.g. images)
- Managing BIFA’s Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts
- Supporting Awards Coordinator with management of viewing and voting process and with production of the Awards and surrounding events
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels in a diplomatic and professional manner
- Meticulously well-organised, and detail-oriented with an ability to multi-task
- Self-motivated, hard-working and passionate about British independent film (you may be asked to watch the competing films and create content about them)
- Functions effectively in a small team
- Calm under pressure
- Very good computer skills
- Professional experience of marketing/social media
- Experience of blogging, filming or editing content for the internet would be preferable
NB: the nature of the Awards and surrounding events means that this role will entail some evening and weekend working How to apply.
Please apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, a covering note and – if you have one – a sample of your writing (a blog, film review or similar).