This Autumn Channel 4 will broadcast 24 hours of television showcasing Black talent on and off-screen
Working with production partners to create career-enhancing opportunities, Black to Front is part of the Channel’s ongoing commitment to improving Black representation both on and off-screen.
The day’s programming will reimagine some of Channel 4’s biggest flagship shows including Celebrity Gogglebox, Countdown, and the Channel 4 News with an all-Black presenting and reporting team. Hollyoaks will be an hour-long special written, directed, and performed by its Black talent and Mo Gilligan will front a one-off special of The Big Breakfast. Along with commissions of new shows.
To do this Channel 4 is expanding its talent pools to include more people from currently under-represented groups.
If you would like to be considered for any of the roles below, please send us your CV. CVs are welcomed from anyone with the relevant skills or experience, although we’d really love to hear from Black talent as they are less represented …
For unscripted shows, based in Wales, Manchester, Leeds and London we’d like to hear from:
- EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS
- SHOW RUNNERS
- SERIES PRODUCERS
- STUDIO DIRECTORS
- SELF SHOOTING DIRECTORS
- LINE PRODUCERS
- PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT
- PLUS anyone with LIVE SHOW EXPERIENCE and SENIOR TALENT WITH REALITY/DOCUSOAP/OB DOC EXPERIENCE
If you have the relevant experience or transferable skills and would like to be considered for one of these roles, please email your CV and availability across 2021 to: BTFTALENT@Channel4.co.uk by Monday 22 March 2021 –
- Please include the ROLE you’d like to be considered for in the email subject.
- In your email please also include a line on why you’d like to be part of Black To Front.
- Relevant CVs will be shared with indies who will then be in contact.
- Please ensure your CV includes permission for it to be kept on file and shared.
Find out more about Black to Front here.