Looking For A New Challenge? Silk Factory Has A New Role.
Job Role: (Mid-Weight) Motion Designer
Company: Silk Factory Ltd
Job type: Media, Marketing, Creative Arts.
Salary: £30,000-42,000 depending on experience
Silk Factory, London is looking for a talented and industrious Motion Designer to join their growing design team. This position would suit those who already have solid industry experience under their belt and are looking to take their career to the next level.
This is a creatively and technically challenging position, requiring a combination of design and animation disciplines focussed on achieving quality results within short timeframes. Primarily this requires a solid grounding in After Effects and the Creative Cloud suite plus an awareness of how to streamline workflow whilst maintaining a high standard of creativity. Silk Factory constantly strives to create work that is dynamic and engaging for a variety of audiences including theatrical, broadcast and social media. If you love expressive graphic design and have a passion for compelling storytelling, this is the place for you.
You will be driven by your excitement for “what’s next” and will be able to bring innovative ideas to the team. This is your time to pursue what excites you about motion design, from the very best in typography, dynamic animation, 2D and 3D design, or geeking out on scripting cool expressions. We want to be the platform for your best ideas and innovation.
SILK FACTORY’S VALUES
● BE THE BEST: Challenge ourselves to be the best agency in how we engage, inspire and care for our clients.
● BE INNOVATIVE: To constantly be thinking of the bigger picture and exciting new ways to deliver the best creative.
● BE COLLABORATIVE: Work together to communicate and openly share ideas and information as a team.
● BE RESPONSIBLE: Take pride and responsibility for your work and fellow team members.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE SETS
● After Effects based motion design and animation – including common plug-ins such as Element and Trapcode
● Proficiency in Cinema 4D
● Concept development
● Design skills using Photoshop and Illustrator
SECONDARY SPECIALISATIONS AND AREAS OF INTEREST
● 3D modelling
● Character design
● Knowledge of 3D render engines and their capabilities e.g. Arnold, Redshift
● Wireframing and storyboarding
● Pre-viz and animatics
● VFX and compositing
● Digital illustration
● Presentation and document design (InDesign, Keynote)
● VR and AR production
● Scripting expressions and plug-ins
● Filming and photography for VFX
● Social media platforms and trends
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Create beautiful and impactful design
● Animate and compose sequences that bring concepts and stories to life
● Translate conceptual ideas and pre-visuals (layouts, storyboards, stills) into an engaging digital experience
● Flexibility to find multiple ways to solve problems offering a variety of creative solutions
● A solid understanding of design principles
● Adhere to budget and time constraints
● Excellent visualisation skills
● Collaborate with designers, editors and producers
● Ability to occasionally work extended hours for tight deadlines and during peak seasons
● Confidently present information in one-on-one and small group situations
● Able to pro-actively handle multiple assignments at a time
● Self-motivated and conscientious
● Unrelenting eye for details
● Commitment to constantly improve
● Embraces change and seeks new opportunities
● Flexibility combined with diligence
● Able to prioritize and complete work assignments and projects in a timely fashion
● Embodies our company values by being considerate, friendly, caring and taking pride in your work
● Effective reading, listening and communication skills
● Enjoy a collaborative design process, working closely with team members.
● BA in Motion Graphics or equivalent qualifications
● Relevant professional experience in a Motion Design environment essential
● Portfolio/Showreel required to demonstrate creative and technical skills
● Personal references
If you believe this is you, please send a CV and cover letter to Jobs@thesilkfactory.com with your name and MOTION DESIGNER in the subject.
Only submissions with a showreel will be considered.