On Monday 20th August, film fans will have the opportunity to see the highly anticipated Blackkklansman ahead of its nationwide release four days later.
Starting at 6.30pm, the special screenings will be followed by a live-by-satellite Q&A with acclaimed director Spike Lee (Do The Right Thing, Malcolm X).
Blackkklansman depicts the incredible true story of an American hero. It’s the early 1970s, a time of great social upheaval as the struggle for civil rights rages on. Ron Stallworth (John David Washington) becomes the first African-American detective on the Colorado Springs Police Department, but his arrival is greeted with skepticism and open hostility by the department’s rank and file.
Undaunted, Stallworth resolves to make a name for himself and a difference in his community. He bravely sets out on a dangerous mission: infiltrate and expose the Ku Klux Klan.
The British Blacklist is offering one pair of tickets to Vue Croydon, Rio Dalston, and Odeon Streatham.
For your chance to win, please answer the question below:
Star of Blackkklansman John David Washington is the son of which legendary Oscar winner?
A. Isiah Washington
B. Denzel Washington
C. Dinah Washington
Please email your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org – with BLACKKKLANSMAN in the heading, then add the cinema you’d like to go to – Croydon, Dalston or Streatham.
DEADLINE – Thursday 16th August 2018
REMINDER that this the screening is at 6.30pm Monday 20th August. Good Luck!
To Find Participating Cinemas and Book Tickets Visit: www.BlackkklansmanScreening.co.uk
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Terms and conditions
- This competition is only open to residents of the United Kingdom
- Closing date for entry will be Noon, Thursday 16th August 2018. After this date, the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The British Blacklist reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen and notified no later than Friday 17th January.
- The winner will be notified by email. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 1 day of notification, The British Blacklist reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The British Blacklist’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Unfortunately, friends, family, and colleagues of anyone who works at The British Blacklist will not be eligible to enter this competition.
- You must be over 16 to enter.
- All contact details competition entrants supply for the purpose of the competition will be deleted from The British Blacklist files after the event on Monday 20th August 2018. Unless the entrant states otherwise.