The search is on for families/couples/siblings UK-wide to live, work and make ends meet exactly as the Victorian poor would have done. You will be expected to find work, master old trades and sell their wares in order to put food on the table and to make the weekly rent.
PLEASE NOTE, THIS IS NOT AN ACTING JOB.
Do you have a traditional trade that could be put to good use? Do you lead a comfortable lifestyle and would you like your family to experience the reality of life for millions of Victorian children? Would you like to experience the struggle that your ancestors once lived? They may have been from industrial cities such as Manchester, Liverpool, York, Birmingham etc.
Wall to Wall Media is casting for a landmark living history experiment that tells the story of what life was really like for the Victorian poor and how their plight changed our nation for the better.
We are looking for strong, determined contributors who think they could survive life on the Victorian bread line.
The series is due to be filmed over three weeks in Easter 2016 and the new Victorians will relocate for the duration of the filming to East London.
- Did your ancestors migrate to the poorest areas of Victorian Britain?
- Does your trade have its roots in the Victorian era?
- Would you like your children to have the ultimate living history experience?
- Do you have an ancestral connection to the industrial cities in the Victorian period.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you think you have what it takes to survive the Victorian slum, email email@example.com with the following information:
- Who you are, where you live, what you do, and whether you are applying as a family, couple or siblings?
- What interests you about the idea of living in a Victorian Slum for three weeks?
- Do you have ancestral connections to the industrial cities of Victorian Britain?
- The best contact number and time to call you back for a brief introduction by telephone.
PLEASE CAN ATTACH A RECENT PHOTO FOR INTERNAL REFERENCE ONLY.
Any enquiries, please call 020 7241 9228