The British Blacklist is offering 3 pairs of tickets to watch the limited UK run of Been So Long!
Fresh from its world première last week at the BFI London Film Festival, ‘Been So Long‘ is enjoying an exclusive 11-cinema event tour as part of Birds’ Eye View’s RECLAIM THE FRAME programme; playing just 10 cities/11 cinema dates UK-wide and kicking-off in Black History Month, the tour commences on Oct 22nd and will feature Q&As with the filmmakers and actors, including Michaela Coel and Arinzé Kene. The film launches globally on Netflix on 26 October.
Directed by Tinge Krishnan, adapted from Ché Walker’s hit stage play and retaining Arthur Darvill’s original songs, Been So Long is a contemporary musical set on the streets of London’s Camden Town.
Romance, rage, and revenge. Been So Long is a neon-soaked, modern day romance set on the streets of London’s musical hot-bed of Camden. We follow Simone (Michaela Coel), a dedicated single mother who, on a rare night on the town, is charmed by a handsome yet troubled stranger, Raymond (Arinzé Kene), igniting old and new feelings. Set against the backdrop of an
ever-changing city, Been So Long is a fresh take on love, life and moving on.
Krishnan shoots the streets bathed in neon and enriched with romantic possibilities. BAFTA® winner Coel lights up the big screen opposite Kene who’s reprising his role from the 2009 Young Vic theatre production. This charismatic pair leads an all-singing and dancing ensemble populated by a wealth of homegrown talent. Ronke Adekoluejo steals scenes as Simone’s fearless best friend Yvonne, while the volatile Gil (George MacKay) has a score to settle at the bar owned by Barney (Luke Norris). Other faces to note include Rakie Ayola (Twelfth Night movie) and Arsher Ali (The Ritual), with the eclectic soundtrack adding a soulful personality of its own.
The British Blacklist has 2 pairs of tickets to give away to the Everyman screening of Been So Long.
Been So Long at the Everyman Screen on the Green, Islington takes place – Monday 22 October, 7.00pm.
For your chance to win one of 2 pairs of tickets to this screening, please answer the following question:
Michaela Coel starred in the hit Channel 4 show:
A. Bubble Gum
B. Chewing Gum
C. Gum Ball
Send the correct answer, with ‘Been So Long’ in the subject header, your full name and contact details, to email@example.com.
Deadline Saturday 20th October 2018.
Find out more information on the tour and book tickets here.
***Please read the terms and conditions below***
Terms and Conditions
- This competition is only open to residents of the United Kingdom
- Closing date for entry will be Noon, Saturday 20th October 2018. After this date, the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The British Blacklist reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen and notified no later than 12 noon Sunday 21st October 2018.
- The winner will be notified by email. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 1 hour of notification, The British Blacklist reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The British Blacklist’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Unfortunately, family of, and employees at The British Blacklist will not be eligible to enter this competition.
- You must be over 16 to enter.
- All contact details competition entrants supply for the purpose of the competition will be deleted from The British Blacklist files after the event by the end of October 2018. Unless the entrant states otherwise.